WANTED: A MILLION SIGNATURES TO SAY NO TO AN AUSTRALIAN BILL OF RIGHTS BECAUSE IN FACT IT WILL RESTRICT OUR FREEDOM TO SAY AND LIVE BY WHAT WE BELIEVE.
AUSTRALIANS HAVE TWICE REJECTED AT REFERENDUM INSERTING BILLS OF RIGHTS INTO OUR CONSTITUTION IN 1944 AND 1988. THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO ONCE AGAIN DEFEND THE AUSSIE FAIR-GO.
The People’s Charter
In light of increasing restriction here and elsewhere to freedom of association and freedom of speech, we the people of Australia, while respecting each other’s beliefs and values, demand the liberty for us all to
- freely express our beliefs and values
- join together with like-minded people who share these beliefs and values in mutual association
- bring up our children in families that facilitate sharing of these beliefs and values
- set up educational facilities consistent with these beliefs and values and the liberty to exclude influences that are contrary
- state these liberties without fear of accusation of intolerance or hate-speech
This statement is not to be construed as support for unfettered and divisive criticism but we believe that freedom to speak in conscience is fundamental for a healthy balanced society where people of different backgrounds can live together in mutual respect and harmony. We believe these fundamental liberties must take precedence over competing “rights”. Our Australian constitution has served us well and we believe it is not in this nation’s interest – nor is it necessary – to adopt a bill of rights.